A spirited voting race for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, November 28 – December 4 saw an amazing 2,500 votes cast.
When the dust settled, Marcus Hall of D.C. Everest received 826 votes to take the title.
Finishing right behind in second place was the duo of Lexi Freiboth and Davin Stoffel of Mosinee, collecting 750 votes.
Kyle Berres of Marshfield picked up 434 votes to take third place. Fourth place went to Heavyn Kind of Spencer with 330 votes.
In fifth place was Aiden Janke of Athens, with 161 votes.
OnFocus Athlete of the Week, November 28 – December 4
- Lexi Freiboth, Mosinee Girls Basketball / Davin Stoffel, Mosinee Boys Basketball – Freiboth is leading Mosinee in scoring at 13 points per game and heads up a talented Mosinee squad that is off to a 6-0 start this season. Stoffel is averaging 17.7 points a game for the 3-0 Mosinee Boys this season.
- Aiden Janke, Athens Boys Basketball(nominated online) – Janke had 15 points and 16 rebounds for Athens in their 63-43 w over Prentice.
- Marcus Hall, D.C. Everest Boys Basketball – In three games this season, Hall is averaging 37 points a game.
- Heavyn Kind, Spencer Girls Basketball – Kind is off to a solid start this season, leading the Rockets to a 3-1 start, and sole possession of first place in the Cloverbelt East. The senior guard is averaging 22.8 points a game for Spencer.
- Kyle Berres, Marshfield Boys Swimming – Berres is on fire to start the season. He picked up first-place finishes in the 50 freestyle and 100 backstroke as the Tigers raced past Rapids in WVC action. Berres was also a member of the Tigers’ wins in the 200 Medley Relay and 400 Freestyle Relay.
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!