Football records were set across the state in the 2021 season. Area athletes who entered the year book include:
- Pacelli’s Brycen Cashin
- Athens’ Cooper Diedrich
- Mosinee’s Trevor Garski
- Newman Catholic’s Connor Krach
- Newman Catholic’s Matthew Hamilton
2021 HIGHLIGHTED ADDITIONS TO 11-PLAYER STATE RECORD BOOK
- Mosinee’s Trevor Garski completed all 17 of his passes in a September win over Hayward, setting a new state record for most attempts without an incompletion.
- Pacelli’s Bryce Cashin went for 5,281 career rushing yards, a mark that places him 15th. His 6,682 all-purpose yards (5,281 rushing, 652 receiving, 196 punt return, 553 kick return) is second-most in state history.
2021 ADDITIONS TO 8-PLAYER STATE RECORD BOOK
- Newman Catholic’s Conner Krach had 2,396 passing yards this year, which is fifth all-time. His 39 touchdown passes is third.
- Cooper Diedrich of Athens accounted for 246 points (36 touchdowns, 15, two-point conversions), which is third in a single-season. Diedrich also set a new record with a 19.6 yards per carry average (min. 100 rushing yards).
- Matthew Hamilton of Newman Catholic booted 59 extra points this year, which is second.
- Hudson Smith of Wisconsin Heights set a new record with four interception return touchdowns. Athens’ Cooper Diedrich is now second with three from this past season.
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!