Great athletes and teams are turning in top performances week in and week out. Celebrating these performances is what we do best! Check out the area’s top performances and be sure to cast your vote!
OnFocus Athlete/Team of the Week, November 7 – November 13
- Colby Football – The Hornets are headed to state, following a 28-24 win over Durand in the state seminfinals. The Hornets will take on Saint Mary’s Springs in Thursday’s Division 6 State Championship.
- Madison Edgewood Girls Swimming – Edgewood picked up its 7th stratight Division 2 Team Championship on Friday, not counting last season’s divided fall/spring events.
- Malia Francis, Rhinelander/ Rhinelander Girls Swimming – Francis eclipsed the former record in the 100 backstroke to win her third straight championship in the event, setting a new standard with a time of 54.39. She also won the 200 individual medley title in a time of 2:03.91, which ranks the fifth-fastest in Division 2 history. The Hodags took second at state with 188 points, behind powerhouse Edgewood.
- Coleman Football – Coleman punched its ticket to state, the first in school history, with a 28-22 win over Regis. Coleman plays Reedsville in the Division 7 State Championship Game on Thursday.
Congrats to @Coleman_Sports1 football, the Cougars are headed to state for the first time in school history. Quarterback Noah Nosgovitz with a pick to end it and this fabolous interview after 📹courtesy of @NicoleMenner on his 18th birthday! @jbintz pic.twitter.com/BqZUck8ANx
— Garrett Stolz (@Garrett_Stolz) November 13, 2021
- Newman Catholic Football – Newman dominated in the 8-Player State Football Championship Game, picking up a 49-6 win over Luck.
Voting ends Wednesday at 5:00 pm
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!