Voting for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, September 26 – October 2 saw a season-high vote total, with over 3000 votes cast.
Reed Napiwocki of Wausau West Football was selected as the Athlete of the Week, collecting 1509 votes. Finishing second was the trio of Alyssa Hall, Vanessa Krueger and Ava Krueger of Marathon Volleyball, picking up 1475 votes.
Barnes Bunkelman of Mosinee Football received an impressive 374 votes, good enough to take first place in many weeks this season. Fourth place went to Aiden Rosemeyer of Thorp Football, with 264 votes.
OnFocus Athlete of the Week, September 26 – October 2
- Alyssa Hall / Vanessa Krueger / Ava Krueger, Marathon Volleyball – The trio came up big this week for the Raiders, leading the team in kills, aces, blocks and serve receives in their win over Stratford. Marathon leads the Marawood South at 4-0, 12-3 overall.
- Barnes Bunkelman, Mosinee Football – In Mosinee’s 14-7 GNC win over Rhinelander, Bunkelman recovered a blocked punt in the end zone. The win moved Mosinee a step closer to a GNC Title.
- Aiden Rosemeyer, Thorp Football – Rosemeyer completed 8 of 12 passes for 241 yards and 4 touchdowns for the Cardinals in their 54-6 win over Owen-Withee. Rosemeyer also had touchdown runs of 20 and 6 yards.
- Reed Napiwocki, Wausau West Football – Napiwocki added a 7 yard touchdown run and also returned an interception 70 yards for a score in the fourth quarter of West’s 41-22 win over SPASH. Napiwocki had a standout game on defense, picking up 12 tackles and assisting on two others.
- Ainara Sainz de Rozas, Assumption Girls CC / Daisy Feiten, Colby Girls CC – Sainz de Rozas and Feiten placed 1-2 at the Athens Cross Country Invite, and are poised for return trips to state where they will vie for spots on the podium.
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!