Marshfield (OnFocus) – Great performances from area athletes deserve to be celebrated. Check out some of the top performers for this past week, and be sure to vote for the top performer!
Athlete of the Week Nominees, Week of September 28 – October 3
- Hunter Wright, Auburndale Football: In Auburndale’s move to 8-man football, Wright is having an incredible year. He threw for three touchdowns and ran for another in Auburndale’s 32-26 win over Greenwood. His 28 yard strike to Alex Willfahrt with no time remaining moved the Eagles to 2-0 on the season. Wright also had seven total touchdowns in Week 1.
- Colton Geurink, Wausau West Football: Geurink rushed 22 times for 188 yards and a pair of touchdowns, his second TD coming with just 17 seconds left, as the Warriors downed Wisconsin Rapids 21-14. Geurink has 5 touchdowns and 338 rushing yards in two games this season.
- Quinton Tranel, Port Edwards Football: The Blackhawks’ signal-caller ran for three touchdowns and threw for two more as the Blackhawks blasted Tri-County, 55-0. Tranel was a perfect 7 of 7 for 202 yards through the air and he also had 5 carries for 72 yards.
- Gage Neubauer, Medford Soccer: In Medford’s 5-1 win over Mosinee on Tuesday, Neubauer had 4 goals to key the Raiders’ win.
- Drayton Lehman, Mosinee Football: Lehman was busy Friday evening for Mosinee, catching 16 passes for 114 yards and 1 touchdown in Mosinee’s 28-21 loss to Rhinelander.
Week 2 High School Football Scoreboard: scores, game recaps CLICK HERE
Voting ends Wednesday at 5:00 pm
Know an athlete or team who you’d like to nominate for next week’s Team of the Week? Be sure each week to NOMINATE a top performer using our easy to complete form:
Nominate an athlete or team: CLICK HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!