Marshfield (OnFocus) – Great performances from area athletes deserve to be celebrated. Check out some of the top performers for this past week, and be sure to vote for the top performer!
Athlete of the Week Nominees, Week of September 20 – 27:
- Mikayla Guldan, Stratford: Guldan helped the Tigers to wins this week with some top performances. In the Tigers’ win over Colby, she picked up 7 kills, 5 digs, and 2 blocks.
- Blaine Seidel, Medford: The Raider senior linebacker made a statement in Medford’s 52-7 shellacking of Hayward/Lac Courte. Seidel had two interception returns for touchdowns in the win, going 85 and 45 yards to the house with his picks. Seidel proved he is a serious candidate for linebacker of the year, having landed on the Preseason Senior Linebacker Watch List.
- Michael Dul, Mosinee: Dul is on the Preseason Senior Kicker Watch List, but it’s work in the backfield for Mosinee that stands out. The quarterback had four touchdowns in Mosinee’s win over Lakeland: a trio of three yard runs and an 11 yard TD.
OnFocus Team of the Week voting: CLICK HERE
- Eden Jacobson, Spencer/Columbus: SC’s debut in the CWC Large netted a positive return with the running of Jacobson. The Rockets produced 20 unanswered fourth quarter points in the comeback win over Nekoosa, and Jacobson was key, rushing for 179 yards on 27 carries, also catfching two passes for 18 yards.
- Shauna Belter, Athens: The Blue Jays had two wins this week, and Belter was a top performer each time. She had 7 digs and 7 kills in Athens’ win over Ashland, then she had 17 kills and 2 blocks as the Blue Jays came from behind to defeat Edgar.
- Chase Oehmichen / Trinity Severson, Colby: A pair of Colby runners took home first place in their races Thursday at Spencer. Oehmichen finished first with a time of 17:30, while Severson took the top spot in the girls race with a time of 22:33.
Voting ends Wednesday at 5:00 pm
Know an athlete or team who you’d like to nominate for next week’s Team of the Week? Be sure to NOMINATE a top performer using our easy to complete form each week:
Nominate an athlete or team: CLICK HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!