Check out the fantastic nominees for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, February 27 – March 5!
*** Want to see a team or athlete you follow nominated? We need game results – encourage coaches to send us game reports so we can acknowledge more athletes and teams for their top performances! send to: [email protected] ***
- Joey Sullivan, Medford Boys Basketball – Sullivan came up big for Medford in their 68-66 win at Fox Valley Lutheran Saturday, in a boys regional final matchup. After the #1 seeded Fox Valley Lutheran fought back to tie the game at 66, Sullivan took center stage. Sullivan calmly drained a jumper from the free throw line as time expired to propel Medford into a Sectional Semifinal Thursday evening.
- Emma Moseley, Neillsville Girls Basketball – Down 31-18 at halftime to Phillips in a sectional final matchup at Osseo-Fairchild, Moseley was key to the Warriors 30-11 advantage after the break. She pulled down some huge rebounds and scored a game-high 14 points as Neillsville fought back to earn a trip to State.
- Cooper Diedrich, Athens Boys Basketball – Diedrich came up big for Athens in the Bluejays’ 45-34 win over McDonell Catholic Saturday in a regional final. The senior guard netted 26 points and pulled down 10 rebounds to help propel Athens into a sectional semifinal Thursday evening against Turtle Lake, played at Eau Claire North.
- Marshfield/SPASH/Wisconsin Rapids State Gymnasts – Six area gymnasts competed Saturday at the Division 1 State Meet in Wisconsin Rapids, and they are nominated as a goup of six: Hannah Merkel, Sophie Nikolay and Ellie Jensen of Marshfield; Emmalee Boucher and Destinee Steinhafel of Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln; Riley Keene of SPASH. Ready how the group of six finished at state HERE.
- Cade Bruesewitz / Cam Daul, Stratford Boys Basketball – Bruesewitz and Daul led a balanced scoring attack, scoring 12 points apiece in Stratford’s 56-45 win over Marathon in a regional final Saturday. The win for Stratford avenged a pair of losses to Marawood South Conference Champion Marathon, and moves the Tigers to a sectional semifinal Thursday evening at Markesan, against #1 seed Iola-Scandinavia.
Voting ends Wednesday at 5:00 PM
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!