WAUSAU, WI (OnFocus) – The holidays can be a source of family and happiness but for some, it can also be a source of stress and depression.
The South Area Fire & Emergency Response District (SAFER) provided a source of help for those having issues with the mentally straining holiday season.
The outlets that can help with stress, anxiety, depression or any other type of mental illness are:
- The Marathon County Crisis Line – 715-845-4326, 800-799-0122, or 715-848-4600
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 800-273-TALK, 800-799-4889 (Deaf or Hard of Hearing), or 888-628-9454 (Spanish)
- Crisis Textline – Text “HOPELINE” to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line – 800-273-8255, press 1.
- Veterans Crisis Textline – Text 838255
- Disaster Distress Helpline – 800-985-5990 or Text 1-800-985-5990
- Farmer Wellness Helpline – 888-901-2558
- Trans Lifeline – 877-565-8860
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ+ Lifeline) – 866-488-7386 or Text “START” to 678678
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!