USDA and its Federal partners have programs that can be used to provide immediate and long-term assistance to rural communities affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
These programs can support recovery efforts for rural residents, businesses and communities through technical, training, and management assistance; financial assistance; and state and local assistance.
Outlined in a new resource matrix which organizes funding opportunities identified in the CARES Act and other federal resources that can help support rural America, the opportunities are categorized by customer and assistance type.
ProVision Partners Cooperative is helping distribute this guide to local agriculture industries and farmers to help during this unprecedented time.
Download the guide here.
The DATCP is also sharing resources for farmers, including:
- American Veterinary Medical Association: Key information, including recommending those ill with COVID-19 limit contact with animals until more information is known about the virus.
- Farm Journal’s Pork: Shares five things your farm should do now
- International Dairy Foods Association: Member update including guidance to employers, events and conferences, and food safety.
- UW Division of Extension
- Wisconsin Public Service Commission Broadband Emergency Internet Resources:
Internet resources for Wisconsin residents during public health emergency
- Farmers’ Legal Action Group, Inc. Farmers’ Guide to COVID-19 Relief: Guide for programs providing relief to farmers
Download the DATCP toolkit here.