New York, NY (OnFocus) – Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association jointly announced today the latest COVID-19 testing results under MLB’s COVID-19 Health Monitoring & Testing Plan, through the end of Thursday, October 8th:
• Covered Individuals are now in Monitoring Testing. To date, the results of Monitoring Testing are as follows:
• The number of monitoring samples collected and tested in the past week was 8,096.
• There were 0 new positives among these 8,096 samples.
• Among Major League players, there have now been no new positives for 40 consecutive days and in 48 of the last 49 days.
• The total number of monitoring samples collected and tested to date has been 164,117.
— 91 of these 164,117 samples, which is 0.06%, have been new positives.
— 57 of the 91 positives have been players and 34 have been staff members.
— 21 different Clubs have had a Covered Individual test positive during Monitoring Testing.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!