Check out the fantastic nominees for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, May 29 to June 4!
*** Want to see a team or athlete you follow nominated? We need game results – encourage coaches to send us game reports so we can acknowledge more athletes and teams for their top performances! send to: [email protected] ***
Also vote: OnFocus Team of the Week, May 29 to June 4
- Malayna Rieck, Hayden Willner, Willow Oehmichen, Trinity Severson, Daisy Feiten, Coby Girls Track – The Hornets claimed first in two events at the WIAA State Track Meet on Satuday. Rieck was first in the discus with Willner, Oehmichen, Severson and Feiten claiming first in the 4X400 relay.
- Roisin Willis, SPASH – Willis turned in a state track performance for the ages on Friday at UW-La Crosse. Willis won the 800 M run by 14 seconds, breaking the state record she set in 2019. Willis’ time also set a new national record. Willis also was the anchor on the SPASH second place 4X400 relay.
- Brady Schmidt, Stratford Baseball – Schmidt struck out 13 as the Tigers downed Wittenberg-Birnamwood 5-2 in regional baseball action this week.
- Joe Sullivan, Medford Boys Track – Sullivan came away with a third place in the 800 M run and fourth place in the 1600 M run at the WIAA State Track Meet on Saturday.
- Ella Pavlovich, D.C. Everest Girls Track – Pavlovich took second place in the discus at the WIAA State Track Meet on Friday.
Voting ends Thursday at 5:00 PM
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!