Gas Leak Resolved –
Marshfield, WI (OnFocus) A gas leak caused by a contractor striking a gas main occurred at the intersection of Fairview Drive and N. Schmidt Ave. Monday morning.
Marshfield Fire & Rescue responded to the call at 8:19 a.m. with two engines and an ambulance. We Energies was already on scene.
Only one resident was still in the area and chose not to evacuate. Windy conditions helped dissipate the gas. The department stood by while the line was replaced in case of fire or explosion.
The scene was cleared around 10 a.m.
If you suspect a gas leak, learn more about what to do here.