Super simple and packed full of good-for-you veggies and lean protein, this easy meal will definitely be a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 lb. potato gnocchi
- 1 lb. plain Dad’s Chicken Breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup unsalted chicken broth
- ⅓ cup half and half
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (5 oz.) bag baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Chopped parsley for garnish, optional
- Boil gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil to pan. Stir in mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked gnocchi, chicken, chicken broth, half and half and crushed red pepper flakes to pan. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy.
Make it a one-pan meal by browning the gnocchi in a pan until crispy instead of boiling them! Browned gnocchi have a wonderful texture to them.
Per Serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 13g (Saturated 3.5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 770mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 3g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 38g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%, Potassium 15%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!