WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI (OnFocus) – The Wood County Parks and Forestry Department announced that snowmobile trails around the county would be opening throughout the next couple of days.
Wood County Trails that are opening:
- Vesper Snow Drifters trails will open Thursday, January 27th, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
- Sunset Drifters and Yellow River Riders trails will open Friday, January 28th at 8:00 a.m.
- Rudolph River Rovers will also open Friday, January 28th at 12:00 pm.
- Bakerville Sno Rovers and Auburndale Nite Owls remain open
- Kellner Knights trails will remain closed due to bare fields in system.
County Trail maps can be accessed on the Wood County Parks and Forestry Department website. Please travel with caution, as conditions will vary. Respect landowners and stay on marked trails.
Wood County multi-use trails at NEPCO, Powers Bluff, and Richfield 360 are groomed and track set. Trail pass information is located at trail head locations.
Powers Bluff Winter Sports Area will be open Saturday and Sunday (Jan. 29th & 30th) for tubing and skiing. Two sessions: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., all day passes also available.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!