Wood County Parks Scheduled to Open May 1
Dexter, North, and South Wood County Park campgrounds will open Friday, May 1.
“We recognize that our parks, forests, trails, and open spaces can continue to be used in a safe manner during the COVID-19 pandemic,” they said in a Facebook statement (read full release below).
- All park gates will open May 1.
- Vault toilet buildings will be open
- Shower building will remain closed
- Disc Golf courses will open May 1 (Permit required at North Park.)
- Public rifle range will remain open
- All boat landings are open. (Boat launch pass required.)
- Playgrounds remain closed
- All beaches and beach houses will remain closed until Safer At Home order is lifted.
We recognize that our parks, forests, trails and open spaces can continue to be used in a safe manner during the COVID-19 pandemic. We ask that our visitors continue to follow the guidelines outlined by Governor Evers’ most recent “Safer at Home” order, which runs through May 26, 2020.
Among other things, the “Safer at Home” order requires the following: persons reduce non-essential travel, practice 6’ social distancing, and avoid social gatherings in groups of 10 or more people. Please stay home if you are sick.. In following these requirements, with the goal of keeping our guests and employees safe, we will be opening various park and forestry areas on May 1st ,with a few restrictions.
Non-Compliance to the Safer at Home order may lead to closed parks, please do your part to follow local, state, and Federal CDC guidelines.
• Dexter, North, and South Wood County Park campgrounds will open Friday, May 1st 2020.
• We have stopped taking reservations for the month of May. All existing reservations are valid, and campers may come and self-register for sites at the campground. Currently, people may make new reservations for June- October, 2020.
• Group sites at North and Dexter Park will be closed through May 26th. Our office staff will contact individuals with existing reservations during this time.
• SHOWER BUILDINGS WILL REMAIN CLOSED. Only vault toilets will be available. Camper water filling and dump stations will be open and available for use. Shower building closures will be reviewed on a week to week basis. In addition, drinking fountains and hand pumps will not be available during this time. Please plan accordingly.
• Registered campers should limit site occupants and visitors to immediate family members from common households.
• Wood and ice sales will be available for purchase by cash or check. Reminder that there is NO OUTSIDE FIREWOOD allowed in any park areas.
• If you wish to cancel or change an existing reservation in May, you may do so by calling our office. Full refunds, gift certificates, or date are allowed if you contact our office prior to scheduled date of arrival. No refunds will be granted if request is made on expected date of arrival, or thereafter.
• All shelters are closed through May 26th. All community events scheduled in the parks are cancelled through May 26th as well.
Other Parks and Forestry areas:
• All park gates will open May 1st. Vault toilet buildings will be open.
• Disc Golf courses will open May 1, 2020 at North & South Parks (permit required at North Park).
• The ATV Intensive Use Area, and the vault bathrooms at the property, will remain open. However, the shelter and playground remains closed.
• The public rifle range will remain open. Please help us keep this area clean by only using allowable targets and cleaning up after yourself.
• All boat landings are open. A boat launch parking pass is required and may be purchased at the landing or by calling the office.
• All playgrounds remain closed.
• All beaches and beach houses will remain closed until the Safer at Home order is lifted.
The Wood County Parks & Forestry Office, located in the Riverblock building, continues to be closed to the public until further notice. You can reach us by using one of the contact methods shown below.