Jackson County Issues Winter Weather Advisory
Submitted to OnFocus – Impacts to travel including some white-out conditions along with power outages expected from light snow, very strong winds, and rapidly falling temperatures.
Deteriorating conditions expected throughout today as rain develops this morning and early this afternoon, but will quickly changes to snow as cold air moves in from the northwest. Accumulations from half an inch up to four inches are expected.
Any liquid remaining on surfaces may freeze with temperatures decreasing rapidly throughout the afternoon, and untreated surfaces will become slippery. Strong winds will be gusting from 35 to 50 mph from the northwest. Although the snow accumulations are expected on the lighter side, the combination of light snow, strong winds, and rapidly decreasing temperatures will impact afternoon and evening commute and holiday travelers.
* WHAT…Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of up to two inches and ice accumulations or freezing of moisture on roads to a light glaze. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of central, north central and west central Wisconsin and southeast Minnesota.
* WHEN…From 3 PM this afternoon to 2 AM CST Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute and holiday travelers. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches with power outages possible. Cold wind chills as low as 25 below zero could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
* AFFECTED AREAS: WINONA … TAYLOR … FILLMORE … TREMPEALEAU … WABASHA … CLARK … JACKSON … BUFFALO
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!