First Major Winter Storm Predicated
(OnFocus) A winter storm will be affecting the region on Tuesday night and Wednesday with accumulating snow and gusty winds. The latest indications are that the storm could produce a 5-9″ band of snow north and west of La Crosse, Wisconsin. A Winter Storm Watch has been issued for those areas. However, the storm is still two days away and there is uncertainty on the storm track. Should the storm shift further north, snow amounts will be less. Slight variations in temperature could cause snow amounts to change as well. If you have travel plans Tuesday night or Wednesday, be sure to check on the latest forecasts as the storm approaches.
* WHAT…Heavy snow is possible. Total snow accumulations of 5 to 9 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE…Portions of western into north-central Wisconsin, northeast Iowa and southeast Minnesota.
* WHEN…From Tuesday evening through Wednesday morning.
* IMPACTS…Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the Wednesday morning commute.
* AFFECTED AREAS: JACKSON … DODGE … MITCHELL … FILLMORE … HOWARD … FLOYD … OLMSTED … TREMPEALEAU … WINONA … MOWER … TAYLOR … WABASHA … BUFFALO … CLARK