Madison (OnFocus) – The WIAA Board of Control outlined winter sport guidelines for all sports, and for swimming and diving, there are multiple changes that swimmers, coaches, and teams must follow.
The changes include:
- Eliminate use of locker rooms where possible
- Competitors should arrive to evens wearing their competition swimming suits
- Masks must be worn upon arrival until warmups begin.
- Swimmers and divers are not required to wear cloth face coverings while swimming, but should wear face coverings up until stepping onto the blocks and after they exit the water.
- Spectators are strongly encouraged to wear masks and are expected to follow social distancing regulations.
- All equipment should be sanitized after use
- Touchpads should be sanitized periodically while out of the water
- emphasize to avoid touching the face throughout practice and competition
- Tracing sheet and verification form shall be kept of all individuals travelling with the team
- Consider only local, single opponent, single day competitions
- Consider dual or triangular meets only.
- Coaches should communicate safety guidelines with all athletes and parents
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!