Marshfield (OnFocus) – On Monday, June 22, 2020, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction published Education Forward, a guidance document for Wisconsin district and school leaders to use as they plan for “a safe, efficient, and equitable return to school for the 2020-21 school year amid the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The department recommended that officials begin review of Education Forward with Infection Control/Mitigation, which includes several resources related to ensuring the health and safety of students and staff including:
- A School Health Services Infection Control and Mitigation Toolkit
- A Reopening School Buildings Risk Assessment Tool
- Interim COVID-19 Transportation Guidance
- Interim COVID-19 Cafeterias and Food Service Guidance
- A COVID-19 Infection Control Checklist for K-12 Schools
While Education Forward is aimed at supporting schools through reopening, the DPI stressed that this will be a fluid document.
“It will be regularly updated in consultation with education stakeholders and the DHS to provide new information and address changing conditions to support school operations and the learning environment,” they stated.
To read the document, click here.
Share your story with [email protected]!