Contest a Fundraiser for Local Food Pantries
OnFocus – Voting has commenced for the “United We Can” fundraiser for United Way, with donations that will then be donated to Soup or Socks Food Pantry & Clothes Closet and St Vincent de Paul food pantry. The Leadership Marshfield project kicked off earlier this month, with local businesses collecting non-perishable food items and then constructing sculptures from their collection. VOTE HERE
Spearheaded by Leadership Marshfield classmates Stephanie Rasmussen (Marshfield Insurance), Becky Cera (Forward Bank), Carlos Escudero (ODC), and Angie Loucks (Columbus Schools), the can drive’s goal was to resurrect a former United Way fundraiser that helps those in need.
Participating businesses were creative in their sculptures.
Businesses and organizations that competed in the 2021 United We Can include:
· Century 21 Gold Key (name of sculpture: Round Barn)
· Christ Lutheran Church (name of sculpture: God’s Goods)
· Columbus Catholic Schools (name of sculpture: Columbus Don)
· Everett Roehl Marshfield Public Library (name of sculpture: READ)
· Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation (name of sculpture: R.E.D. Fights Hunger at Fairway)
· Forward Bank (name of sculpture: AmeriCAN Flag)
· Marshfield Insurance (name of sculpture: Here For You Through Life’s Ups and Downs)
· Nelson-Jameson (name of sculpture: Fighting Hunger)
· Next Home Hub City (name of sculpture: #HumansOverHouses)
· Roehl Transport, Inc. (name of sculptures: The Can Truck and The Leaning Tower of Food)
· St. Vincent de Paul Outreach (name of sculpture: Marshfield’s Round Barn)
· Staab Construction (name of sculpture: I Spy Staab)
· Trinity Lutheran Church Youth Group (name of sculpture: Youthful Twist)
Marshfield Insurance built a scene from the movie “UP!” featuring 795 cans.
“We wanted to tie the design into Marshfield Insurance’s mission and make it more relatable to what we do,” said Rasmussen. “Our theme is: Here for you through life’s ups and downs…Marshfield Insurance.”
Awards will be presented for the following categories: Fan favorite (251 items or more), fan favorite (250 items or less), tallest sculpture, and sculpture with the most items used. Voting takes place today through May 28, and the winner will be announced June 1. VOTE HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!