Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union Takes Home Most Awards
MARSHFIELD, WI (OnFocus) – The United We Can Committee and Marshfield Area United Way (MAUW) are proud to announce the winners of the 2022 United We Can virtual competition!
2022 Award Recipients:
- Fan Favorite – 251 Items or More: “Home is Where the Heart Is” Sculpture
- Fan Favorite – 250 Items or Less: “Summer Day” Sculpture
- Tallest Sculpture: Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union’s “Money Tree” Sculpture (89.5 inches tall)
- Most Items Used: Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union’s “Money Tree” Sculpture (544 items)
Participation Awards will be presented to:
- “Couch Potatoes” Sculpture
- Forward Bank’s “Freddy the Fox” Sculpture
- Marshfield Parks & Recreation Department’s “United We Keep Our Parks Clean!” Sculpture
- Nelson-Jameson’s “Your Farm Friend for 75 Years” Sculpture
- “Holy Spirit” Sculpture
- “Canned Can” Sculpture
All entries can be viewed on the MAUW’s Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1328364204320138/?active_tab=discussion
Participants built their Canned Food Sculptures between May 9 and May 20 and voting took place on the MAUW Facebook page from May 23 and May 27. Sculptures needed to be at least 50% non-perishable foods and the food pantries provided a “wish list” of items that are in need. A total of: 3,275 items were collected for local food programs; cumulatively, the virtual United We Can has collected 8,543 items!
The United We Can Committee and MAUW staff would like to congratulate ALL of the participating organizations and thank everyone who helped to make this year’s event a success. “It is exciting to see all the creativity the organizations have, and the engineering it takes to make the sculptures stand,” said committee member Becky Cera. “All of their efforts will certainly make a positive impact on the community!”
“We greatly appreciate all the businesses and organizations that participated in the United We Can event,” said Marshfield Area United Way Executive Director Ashley Winch. “With food costs on the rise, the donations will be a great help to the pantries and the individuals and families they are serving.”
It’s not too late to participate! You can make a cash donation to Soup or Socks at https://souporsocks.org anytime; or drop off food donations at Soup or Socks, St. Vincent de Paul or United Way’s NOW Program.
You can also mark your calendars for the 2023 United We Can competition. The dates have been moved up to March 2023 will have a theme: “Together United We Can: When We ‘Play’ Together, Everyone Wins!” This will be a “basketball tournament” theme with opportunities for businesses to challenge others in a friendly competition! Send an email to [email protected] to sign up for our new “United We Can E-newsletter” to stay up-to-date on all UWC news!
- March 1-17, 2023: Build Dates
- March 17, 2023: Entry Submission Deadline
- March 20-27, 2023: Facebook Voting
- March 28, 2023: Winners Announced
Members of the 2021 Leadership Marshfield Class who are working on this project include: Becky Cera, Forward Bank; Angela Loucks, Columbus Catholic Schools; and Stephanie Rasmussen, Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union. For more information, email [email protected] or contact a committee member.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!