Smoking HVAC Unit Source of Medical Center Fire Call

OnFocus – Marshfield Fire and Rescue responded to a call from Marshfield Medical Center on Wednesday evening. An HVAC unit was smoking. Once shut down, the unit stopped smoking.

“They were able to ventilate the smoke out so nobody had to be evacuated or moved,” said Deputy Chief Jody Clements. 

The incident was isolated to a ventilation system on the Fourth Floor and maintenance is now addressing the problem.

We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!

News Desk
Author: News Desk

This piece was posted by our news team! Contact us or submit stories at [email protected]