Voting for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, October 10 – October 16 saw fans turn out in large numbers to support their choice for the area’s top performer.
When the dust settled, Brock Bennington of Spencer/Columbus Football came out the winner, receiving 500 votes.
Coming in a close second was James Jacobs of SPASH Cross Country, with 464 votes.
- 3rd place: Mason Voss, Colby Football, 282 votes
- 4th place: Toren Holtz / Cole Holtz, Mosinee Boys Soccer, 174 votes
- 5th place: Reed Duellman, Assumption Football, 105 votes
OnFocus Athlete of the Week, October 10 – October 16
- James Jacobs, SPASH Boys Cross Country – Jacobs took first at the Wisconsin Valley Conference Cross Country Meet, winning the boys’ race in a time of 16:22.5. Pushing him along were three teammates who finished 2nd-4th: Aloysius Franzen, Zach Scharbarth and Tate Burckhart.
- Mason Voss, Colby Football – Voss rushed for 193 yards on 20 carries and three touchdowns as Colby throttled Auburndale 54-7 to claim an outright Marawood Conference Championship.
- Reed Duellman, Assumption Football (nominated online) – Duellman rushed 10 times for 260 yards and 4 touchdowns as Assumption demolished Loyal in Week 9, 49-0.
- Torren Holtz / Cole Holtz, Mosinee Boys Soccer – The Holtz brothers came up big in Mosinee’s regular season finale, a 3-2 win over GNC Champion Rhinelander. Each scored a goal early on before the Hodags tied the game at 2, and then Cole’s pass to Toren in the second half resulted in the game-winning kick, vaulting Mosinee into the postseason with momentum.
- Brock Bennington, Spencer/Columbus Football – Bennington accounted for all 17 points in the Rockets’ 17-6 win over Shiocton. Bennington returned an interception for a score, ran for a touchdown and the two point conversion, and kicked a field goal in the win.
Voting ends Wednesday at 5:00 pm
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!