Save Money in 2022 By Reviewing Your Mortgage
MARSHFIELD, WI (OnFocus) – It’s a new year, which means many people are setting resolutions for 2022. Many of these goals are related to finances. One way to reach financial goals in the new year is to evaluate mortgage expenses.
“I would love to help you reach your financial goals this year. By scheduling a mortgage checkup with me, we can discuss your current situation as well as your goals for the future,” said Josh Kilty, Fairway Mortgage. “There are many areas we will go over to understand if it is a good time for you to purchase a new home or refinance your current mortgage.”
Kilty begins by talking with clients about their future.
“Ask yourself: ‘What are my real estate goals for the next 5-10 years?’ Maybe you want to purchase your first home, or maybe you want to purchase a vacation home,” he said. “Analyze whether you anticipate changes in your employment or income over the next 5-10 years, as this could affect what you can afford. You will also want to consider any potential life-changing events over this period.”
Such events may include:
- children going away to college
- marriage or divorce
- promotion or retirement
- aging parents
- surgery or prolonged illness
- home improvements or needing a smaller/larger home
- newborn baby or adoption
- starting or closing a business
- purchasing an investment property, second home or new car
Next, Kilty reviews the current state of a client’s home and mortgage as well as how it could affect their future.
“We will look at the approximate value of your home and how long you plan to live in it. If you have a second mortgage, we will take that amount into consideration as well. The next step will be to discuss both your personal goals and your goals for your mortgage,” he said.
Personal goals may include:
- building your net worth/achieving financial freedom
- having your mortgage paid off when you retire
- achieving liquidity
- moving into a larger home
- maximizing current and future tax deductions
- saving money to send your children to college
Mortgage goals may include:
- lowering your monthly payment
- eliminating other debt (credit cards, student loans, etc.)
- using equity to develop a cash reserve or for investment purposes
- maximizing tax benefits
- paying off your loan as soon as possible
- Let me help you achieve your financial goals for 2022. Call me today to schedule a time to evaluate your current situation and discuss your future plans.
To learn more, visit www.FairwayJoshK.com.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!