Submitted to OnFocus – Prevail Bank is encouraging the Marshfield community to donate to Mary’s Place. This organization helps individuals in need with housing while they get back on their feet by either providing 6-weeks free rent for those looking for a job or a longer stay for low income individuals while they are transitioning.
Prevail Bank will match all donations up to a total of $1,000. Anyone in the community can drop off monetary donations to Prevail Bank in Marshfield at 810 N. Central Avenue by December 15, 2020, to receive matching funds.
“We are happy to encourage Holiday Giving to an important local organization like Mary’s Place,” said Michelle Klimmer, Marshfield Retail Coordinator. “This organization provides loving care to individuals and their families in their time of need.”
Prevail Bank is also matching all donations up to $1,000 total at its other locations. Each location is supporting the following organization:
- The Baraboo location will be collecting donations for the Sauk County Children’s Giving Tree. This organization provides a variety of products including Christmas toys, clothing and supplies to children and families in Sauk County.
- The Eau Claire location will be collecting donations for the Christmas is for Children program. Choose an Angel from our tree and purchase presents for the child to open on Christmas. All Children receiving gifts are from the local community. Sponsors are then given a gift list to choose from, up to a $35 value for each Angel.
- The Medford location will be collecting donations for Hope Hospice. The local Taylor County Hospice and Palliative Care provides service to individuals and their families dealing with life limiting conditions.
- The Owen location will be collecting donations for the W-O-W Kids’ Meals program through OW Lions Club. This program serves children in the Owen-Withee School District and the Community Alliance Food Pantry in Withee. These organizations collect and distribute food to students in need for the weekends, when they don’t have access to school meals. Prevail Bank is excited to join forces with the Lions Club who will also be matching up to $1,000 total.
- The Phillips location will be collecting donations for the Santa’s Elves Foundation. They provide Christmas gifts & necessary basic living essentials (personal care items, winter outerwear, etc.) to children of families in financial need.
- The Stevens Point location will be collecting donations for the United Way of Portage County. Since 1945, this organization focused on providing positive change and services to its community, encompassing the areas of education, health, and financial stability.
- The Wausau location will be collecting donations for the Catholic Charities’ Wausau Community Warming Center. Being an action step in the Wausau Housing and Homelessness Coalition, they are raising community awareness to end homelessness in Marathon County by providing services such as a clean and warm environment that can house up to 25 adults, as well as daily hot meals.
- The Wisconsin Rapids location will be collecting donations for Park Place Adult Day Services. This agency provides a safe environment with trained professionals and compassionate staff that helps dependent adults maintain the maximum level of independence and function, while promoting socialization and mental stimulation.
Prevail Bank is a federally chartered savings bank founded in 1934 with assets of $833 million with offices in Eau Claire, Baraboo, Marshfield, Medford, Owen, Phillips, Stevens Point, Wausau and Wisconsin Rapids.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!