MARSHFIELD, WI (OnFocus) – On June 23, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Marshfield put out an urgent request for small-medium cooler bags for NICU moms who pump breast milk for their babies.
“Our NICU Moms continue to pump breast milk for their hospitalized baby and need a cooler to transfer the milk from Ronald McDonald House to the Children’s Hospital,” they wrote. “We are OUT of small bag coolers to offer our new mothers at check-in. Currently the moms are having to carry the milk over in a plastic grocery bag in the summer temps.”
After seeing the post, workers at Premier Printing in Marshfield stepped up to help.
“We are able to get coolers at-cost through our supplier, so we ordered 150 to help these moms,” said Lindsey Rasmussen, co-owner at Premier. “They have to keep their milk cool for their little ones and a cooler makes that much easier in this hot temperatures.”
As a mother of two young children herself, Rasmussen was grateful she was able to help.
“I empathized with them and am so glad we were able to assist in this small way. The work Ronald McDonald House does is amazing and I hope everyone takes time to check out their wish list!” she said. “I’m so glad that Jessica in our office brought this to my attention! We live in such a supportive community and all of us working together truly makes a difference.”
Ronald McDonald House Charities offers free housing to families of children who are in the hospital, allowing them to be nearby. The organization relies solely on donations to help families free-of-charge.
Their current wish list includes:
CLEANING DURING A PANDEMIC
- Disinfectant Wipes (all sizes)
- Swiffer WetJet Solution (antibacterial) + pads
- Swiffer Sweeper dry pads
- Paper Towels
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Liquid Laundry Detergent & dryer sheets
- 4/8/13/30 gallon garbage bags
- Large leaf/lawn paper bags
- Standard-size “won’t go flat” or “all positions” pillows
- Standard-size white pillowcases & aller-ease pillow protectors
- Forever stamps
- White copy paper and cardstock
- White hand towels and bath towels
- White twin and double sheet sets
- Furnace filters (allergen, bacteria & virus): sizes 16x25x1, 16x20x1, 20x20x1
- Individual chips, pretzels
- KCup coffee pods (regular & decaf)
- Breakfast or granola bars
- Snack size cereal, soup, fruit pouches
- Individual-serving peanut butter, jelly, dressings
- Batteries (AA, AAA)
- Bottles of water
CHILDREN & TEENS
- OG, My Life or American Girl doll clothes and accessories.
- 50” or larger Smart TV (for Gaming Nook)
- New gaming console & controllers
- KidKraft or Little Tikes Playhouse
We are also appreciative of gift cards that allow our team to purchase household items or gift to families when needed.
- Target or Walmart
- Grocery store (Festival Foods, Pick ‘N Save)
- Menards, Lowes, Home Depot or Fleet Farm
- Gas cards (Kwik Trip, Baltus, Weilers)
NO TIME TO PACK
- Travel-sizes preferred**
- Toothpaste (adult & children’s)**
- Mobile phone chargers (apple & android)
- Women’s feminine products (pads, tampons)
For updates on our immediate needs, please follow us on Facebook! Please note, due to infection control standards, all donated items must be new and in original packaging.
Donations may be shipped directly to Ronald McDonald House at 803 W North St, Marshfield, WI 54449 or dropped off daily between 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. To learn more about their needs, visit www.rmhc-marshfield.org.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!