OnFocus – The Marshfield Parks & Recreation Department is offering the following programs:
- Youth tennis lessons for ages 4 and up beginning the week of September 21st on Mondays or Wednesdays. Classes will be held for five weeks at S. J. Miller Tennis Court. The cost is $40.00 for city residents and $60.00 for non-residents.
- Little Tyke Soccer for ages 3 to 5 will be held Saturdays, September 12th – October 3rd at Griese Park, Figi Field. Little Strikers (3-year-olds) will run 9:00 – 9:30 a.m.; Midfield Mayhem (4 & 5-year-olds) will run 9:45 – 10:30 p.m. The cost is $20.00 for city residents and $30.00 for non-residents.
- One-Day Art Classes for ages 4 & 5 w/ parent and also grades 1 to 6. Resident’s fee is $10.00 and Non-Residents fee is $15.00. Classes will take place at the 2nd Street Community Center Arts and Craft room.
- Pumpkin Carving – October 31st: Come carve your pumpkin and leave the clean-up to us. We will provide pumpkin and tools needed.
- Ornament Making –November 14th: This class will allow you to work with moldable, colorful, oven-baking clay. You will create ornaments or anything your imagination will allow. Complete art work will be sent home with baking instructions.
- Gingerbread Decoration – December 12th: We will be decorating gingerbread treats.
If you are interested in learning more about any of these activities, please call the Parks & Recreation office at 715-384-4642. To register for classes, stop by the Parks & Recreation office at 211 E 2nd Street, Suite 111 or online at ci.marshfield.wi.us (click on Departments, Parks & Recreation, Online Registration).
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!