Great athletes and teams are turning in top performances week in and week out. Celebrating these performances is what we do best! Check out the area’s top performances and be sure to cast your vote!
OnFocus Team of the Week, October 31 – November 6
- Amherst Football (nominated online) – The Falcons ended the season with a 12-1 record, falling in the Level 3 Playoffs. The Falcons outscored their opponents 375-124 this season.
- Stevens Point Girls Swimming and Diving – The SPASH girls took first place at the Wisconsin Rapids Sectional on Saturday with 307 points and are headed to state. SPASH won the 200 medley relay and had a pair of first-place finishes from Jenna Breitbach(50 freestyle) and Eloise Cooper(100 backstroke)
- Colby Football / Durand Football – A matchup that was eyed when the WIAA Football Playoff Pairings were announced for Division 6 seemed far off, but it’s here. Each has marched through the playoffs with dominating performances and will meet in one Division 6 State Semifinal on Friday night. Colby has outscored opponents in the playoffs, 142-27. Durand has outscored its opponents 127-61.
- Newman Catholic Football – The Cardinals are headed to the 8-Player State Championship Game, after edging Gilman 29-28 in the state semifinals.
- D.C. Everest Girls Swimming and Diving(nominated online) – Everest picked up a pair of relay titles at the Wisconsin Rapids Division 1 Sectional and are headed to state. The 200 yard freestyle team of Liliana Jessen, Makenna Zoesch, Katelin Hall and Marisol Swenson was first, and the Evergreens’ Jessen, Nevaeh Mathwich, Hall and Swenson took first in the 400 yard freestyle.
Voting ends Wednesday at 5:00 pm
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference-makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach, or difference-maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference-makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!