Check out the fantastic nominees for the OnFocus Team of the Week, May 1 to May 7!
*** Want to see a team or athlete you follow nominated? We need game results – encourage coaches to send us game reports so we can acknowledge more athletes and teams for their top performances! send to: [email protected] ***
OnFocus Team of the Week, May 1 to May 7
- Mosinee Baseball – Mosinee moved to 12-2 on the season with an impressive three-game stretch to end the week. Mosinee defeated Shawano 7-3 before going on the road to face the #1 team in Division 2, Pewaukee. Mosinee took down the Pirates with a 2-1, 5-3 doubleheader sweep, and is sure to rise in the polls this week.
- Amherst Baseball – The Falcons won four games last week to move to 9-0 in the CWC East, 15-0 overall. The Falcons have outscored opponents 154 to 14 this season, and their .362 team batting average contrasts sharply with their opponents’ .172 averae.
- Stratford Baseball – The Tigers moved to 12-1 with four wins against Marawood opponents this week. Stratford had wins over Athens, a pair of wins against Auburndale, and then ended with a victory over Chequamegon.
- SPASH Boys Tennis – The Panthers are 3-0 in the Wisconsin Valley Conference. SPASH and Marshfield square off Thursday in Marshfield in a battle for first place in the WVC.
- Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln Baseball – The Red Raiders raced to the top of the standings in the Wisconsin Valley Conference with a pair of dominating wins over Marshfield last week. Rapids then swept a doubleheader with Sparta on Saturday to move to 11-5 overall.
Voting ends Friday at 5:00 PM
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!