Check out the fantastic nominees for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, April 24 – April 30!
*** Want to see a team or athlete you follow nominated? We need game results – encourage coaches to send us game reports so we can acknowledge more athletes and teams for their top performances! send to: [email protected] ***
- Hallie Van Luven, Colby/Abbotsford Softball – Van Luven had a monster week for C/A, collecting 4 hits and scoring four runs in Colby/Abby’s 11-1 win over Owen-Withee and then picked up three hits as C/A downed Spencer 13-10.
- Elizabeth Schmidt, Merrill Girls Track – Schmidt claimed first in the 400 meter dash and 800 meter run at the Colby Invitational, besting the field by 8 and 11 seconds, respectively.
- Martha Miller/Tanner Hraby, Medford Softball/Baseball – Miller and Hraby both threw no-hitters on Thursday Miller pitched a no-hitter as Medford downed Tomahawk, 10-0 in 5 innings, striking out six. Hraby got his against Marshfield in an 11-0 win only throwing 34 pitches.
— Sports OnFocus (@SOnfocus) May 1, 2022
- Terrance Cottrell-Roberson, Auburndale Boys Track – Roberson took in the 100 m and 200 m dash races, was first in the long jump, and a was a member of the Eagles 4×100 relay winning team on Friday’s Auburndale Track Invitational.
- Logan Amacher, Owen-Withee Boys Track – Amacher took first in the 110 and 300 m hurdles, and also was first in the pole vault at the Auburndale Track Invite on Friday.
Voting ends Wednesday at 5:00 PM
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!