No Injuries After Buck-A-Neer Fire

Rozellville (OnFocus) – Marathon County Dispatch received a call of a structural fire in the Town of Day at roughly 2:30 am Friday morning, at the location of The Buck-A-Neer Supper Club, located at D1891 County Rd C, Stratford, WI.

Stratford Fire responded, as well as mutual aid departments from Hewitt, Auburndale, McMillan, Edgar, Marshfield, Marathon, Mosinee, and Kronenwetter, and Spencer.

The fire is still under investigation, but believed to have originated in the second floor residence in the kitchen. Two individuals and a cat safely evacuated. It burned through the attic and into the roof, with heavy smoke coming out of both eaves and the roof.

“Our crews did an excellent job, went in and knocked it down right away,” said Stratford Fire Chief Tim Carey, who was first on the scene. “We train on this stuff all the time and you get something like this once every couple of years and they know what to do.”

Carey said that there is substantial fire damage upstairs, and the restaurant has water damage. Fortunately, the fire was contained quickly and no ladder trucks were required. There were no injuries.

“I just want to thank all the mutual aid departments,” said Carey. “Everybody out in this area works really well together.”

The Marathon County Sheriff’s Department closed County C between County Road M and Folz Road as area fire departments worked to battle the fire. The road was reopened shortly before 7 am.

“We are just happy and thankful that everyone is safe,” said Scott Kleinschmidt, co-owner.

Buck-A-Neer issued a statement on social media, stating: “We here at the Buck-a-neer wanted to reach out and let everyone know we had a fire this morning at the restaurant. We want to thank the Marathon County Sheriff’s Department, all the local fire departments and first responders for quick response in controlling and saving the restaurant. We also want to thank all of the customers, family and friends that have reached out to us during this unfortunate event. We are just thankful no one was hurt. Due to water damage we will not be able to be open until further notice. We will be back..bigger and stronger and we will keep you posted. Thank you again for all your help, kind words and thoughts we look forward to seeing you soon.”

We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!

News Desk
Author: News Desk

This piece was posted by our news team! Contact us or submit stories at [email protected]