Multiple Pets Perish in Mobile Home Fire

One Person Treated for Smoke Inhalation

Marshfield, WI (OnFocus) A mobile home fire occurred at 1109 E. Kalsched St. in Marshfield shortly after midnight on Sunday.

One person was taken to Marshfield Medical Center for smoke inhalation. Multiple pets perished in the fire, including two cats, two dogs, and a snake, according to a press release.

Upon arrival, responders noticed heavy smoke coming from the residence. An offensive attack was performed on the N. Hinman Avenue side. The fire was knocked down in the back bedroom, which experienced major damage and total loss of contents. There was also smoke damage throughout the home.

The fire has been ruled accidental. The owners were not home at the time, but did arrive during the fire and called 911. Two cats were saved before the fire department arrived.






News Desk
Author: News Desk

This piece was posted by our news team! Contact us or submit stories at [email protected]