Voting for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week for June 5 – June 11 saw a runaway winner for the title.
Davin Stoffel collected 188 votes to claim the title of OnFocus Athlete of the Week, June 5 to June 11.
- Ava Schill, Assumption Softball – Schill homered and scattered 3 hits, striking out 6, as the Royals claimed the Division 5 State Championship Saturday morning.
- Ben Lee/Wyatt Blaskowski, Amherst Baseball – The Falcons’ duo came up big on the mound as the Falcons punched their ticket to state. Lee struck out 9 as the Falcons’ defeated Kewaunee 5-1 in the sectional semifinal. Blaskowski then threw a one-hitter and struck out six as Amherst defeated Oconto 10-0.
- Davin Stoffel, Mosinee Baseball – Stoffel came up big in the field with great leaps and long reaches at first base to secure putouts as Mosinee defeated Altoona 5-4 and Rice Lake 10-3 as the Indians punched their ticket to state. Stoffel came up big at the plate in the sectional final, going 2 for 3 with three runs scored, and it was his home run blast to left field that ignited Mosinee on offense and bust the game wide open.
- Brock Bennington, Columbus Catholic Baseball – Bennington homered, scored two runs and had two RBI in the Dons’ 5-0 win over Rib Lake in the sectional finals, leading the Dons to state.
- Connor Krach, Marathon Boys Golf / Noah Gage, Marathon Boys Golf – Krach tied for 5th place with a 155 and Gage shot 159 for 8th place at the WIAA State Boys Golf Division 3 Championships.
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!