Marshfield (OnFocus) – A close race at the top capped off the return of voting for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, April 25 – May 1.
When the dust settled, Medford Baseball’s Caleb Guden came away with the title, capturing 334 votes. Wisconsin Rapids Softball’s Megan Clary was second, collecting 267 votes.
With so many outstanding performances, we can use your help. Know an athlete or team who you’d like to nominate for next week’s Team of the Week? Be sure to NOMINATE a top performer using our easy to complete form each week.
Athlete of the Week Nominees, Week of April 25 – May 1
- Roisin Willis, SPASH Girls Track – Willis took first in the 200M dash and 1600 M run, a rare feat. She won the 200 by over 3 seconds and finished 56 seconds ahead of the competition in the 1600.
- Savannah Schley, Loyal – Schley turned in an eye-popping performance at the Auburndale Invite, taking first in the 100M and 200M dashes and the 400M run.
- Noah Grimm, Pittsville Baseball – Grimm struck out 17 batters as Pittsville downed Spencer 6-3. Grimm surrendered just two hits in the game.
- Megan Clary, Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln Softball – Clary is off to a monstrous start for Rapids. In the Red Raiders’ twin bill win over Wausau West, Clary was a combined 5-6, collecting a double and a pair of home runs. Clary struck out 7 in just three innings of work to get a win in game two.
- Caleb Guden, Medford Baseball – Caleb Guden threw a no-hitter in his teams opening game against Northland Pines striking out 8 in a 10-0 win in 5 innings.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!