Marshfield (OnFocus)- The Marshfield Parks and Recreation Department has released the Summer Brochure of youth activities and community involvement events.
You can get a copy of the new brochure at the Parks and Recreation Office, Everett Roehl Marshfield Public Library, and City Hall, or access online at http://ci.marshfield.wi.us.
Here is a list of some of the events in the local area:
- Youth Golf Lessons for ages 6-14 will be held on Sundays, from July 12th to August 9th at 6:00 PM at Duffers Delight Golf Center.
- Golf Camp for ages 9-17 will be starting July 28th to 31st from 9 AM to 3 PM at Duffers Delight Golf Center. Lunches are provided.
- Golf instruction for Women will be held on Wednesday evenings from June 17th to July 15th at Duffers Delight. The classes will start at 5:30 PM.
- Youth Flag Football will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays starting June 16 until July 9 excluding July 2nd, at Bream Park Softball Diamond. Grades 3-5 are held from 12:30 to 1:45 and Grades 6-8 are held from 1:45 to 3:00 PM.
- Summer Soccer League for 5th and 6th graders will be held on Tuesdays, July 7 to August 4th from 5:30 – 7 PM at Griese Park.
- Skateboard lessons for ages 8 & up will be held Monday, Wednesdays & Fridays from July 29th to Aug 7th at the Marshfield Skatepark.
- A Summer trip to Milwaukee Zoo will take place Wednesday, August 5th. A coach bus will depart from Marshfield at 7:30 AM. and return at 7:30 PM. Contact MPRD for more details.
- Gymnastics will be offered through the Marshfield University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. For more information visit http://www.uwsp.edu/conted.
- Fall Soccer for children grades K through 6th will be held Sundays, August 23rd to October 4th at Griese Park. The fee will increase after July 8th. The registration deadline is July 20th.
- Summer Fun Runs will be held on Wednesdays throughout July and August meeting at S.J. Miller Shelter at 7 PM for a 3–5 mile run and all ages are welcome.
- One Day Art Projects for parents and children in grades 1-6 include Tie Dye from on July 23rd, Little Sculptures on July 7th, and Canvas Painting on July 21st.
On top of these great events, the Marshfield Parks and Recreation Department is cooperating with the Wisconsin Parks and Recreation Association to provide discounted tickets to theme parks and attractions in the area.
These tickets will be on sale from now until August 30th and are available for pickup at the Parks & Recreation office during their office hours. Visit their website at http://ci.marshfield.wi.us for a list of tickets and prices.