Submitted to OnFocus – The Parks & Recreation Summer brochure is now available! You can pick up a copy at the Parks and Recreation office, Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce, and City Hall. The brochure is also available online at ci.marshfield.wi.us in the Parks and Recreation section.
Registration for programs may be done in-person at the Parks and Recreation Office, located at the 2nd Street Community Center, online, or by mail at 211 E. 2nd Street, Marshfield WI, 54449.
Our Summer Recreation programs that are available this season:
- Golf for ages 6 through 17. Youth Lessons (ages 6-14) will be held on Sundays, May 16th – June 13th and June 20th – July 18th at Duffers Delight Golf Center. Golf camp (ages 9-17) will be held July 27th – 30th at Duffers Delight Golf Center. Lunches are provided
- Fall Soccer for children grades K through 6th. Held Sundays, August 22nd – October 3rd at Griese Park. Fee increases after July 8th. Registration deadline is July 23rd.
- Skateboard lessons for ages 8 & up will be held Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays for Beginners and Advanced Beginner from July 28th – Aug 6th at the Marshfield Skatepark.
- Tennis Lessons for ages 4 & up will be held Monday through Wednesday, June 14th – 23rd. Evening lessons will be held Mondays, June 14th – July 26th (no July 5) and Wednesdays, June 16th – July 21st.
- 3-Sport Ball for ages 4 & 5 will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning, June 8th – July 20th. It will also be held on Mondays in the evening, June 14th – July 26th.
- Baseball for children grades K through 5. Rookie League (Grades K-1) will be held on Wednesdays, June 16th – July 21st. Triple-A League (Grades 1-3) will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 10th– July 22nd.
- Diggers Volleyball Camp will be held Monday through Thursday, June 14th – 17th for grades 4 & 5 (12:30–2:30 p.m.) and grades 6 & 7 (2:45 – 4:45 p.m.). Also held Monday through Wednesday, June 7th – 9th for grades 8 & 9 (12:30 – 3:15 p.m.). Held at the Oak Avenue Community Center.
- One Day Art Projects: June 22nd – Tie Dye, July 13th – Little Sculptures and July 27th – Little Sculptures. Parent/Child (ages 4 & 5) and Grades 1 – 6.
- The Marshfield Parks & Recreation Department, in conjunction with the Wisconsin Parks & Recreation Association (WPRA), is selling tickets to area attractions and theme parks at discounted rates throughout the summer. The tickets will be on sale mid-May – August 30th. Pick up tickets Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm at the Parks & Recreation office, 211 E. Second Street, Suite 111.
For a list of tickets and prices, visit our website at ci.marshfield.wi.us. Go to Departments – Parks & Recreation – Recreation page and click on “WPRA Ticket Prices.”
If you are interested in learning more about any of these activities, please call the Parks & Recreation office at 715-384-4642 ext 0. To register for classes, stop by the Parks & Recreation office at 211 E. 2nd Street, Suite 111 or online at ci.marshfield.wi.us. (click on Parks & Recreation in the Departments tab).
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!