WAUSAU, WI (OnFocus) – The 2021 Marathon County High School Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) results are now available on the Marathon County Pulse website and can be viewed on the Marathon County High School YRBS data dashboard HERE.
The YRBS, conducted nationwide every two years, monitors six categories of health-related behaviors that contribute to the leading causes of death and disability among youth and adults, including:
- Behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence
- Sexual behaviors related to unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection
- Alcohol and other drug use
- Tobacco use
- Unhealthy Dietary behaviors
- Inadequate Physical activity
The YRBS is administered to students in Wisconsin’s public middle schools and high schools. School districts in Marathon County that participated include: DC Everest, Edgar, Marathon, Mosinee, Spencer, Stratford, and Wausau.
The YRBS was developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and has been administered by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) since 1993. For more information on the Wisconsin YRBS, visit: https://dpi.wi.gov/sspw/yrbs.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!