Voting for the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, January 9 – January 15 saw Kade Smigaj of SPASH Boys Hockey voted as the OnFocus Athlete of the Week, collecting 45 votes.
- Kade Smigaj, SPASH Boys Hockey(nominated online) – Smigaj came up big for SPASH in their 5-2 win over Marshfield. Smigaj pulled in a hat trick and added an assist in the big win for SPASH.
- Lexi Freiboth, Mosinee Girls Basketball – Freiboth set the career assists record for Mosinee in the Raiders’ 56-47 win over Medford.
- Collin Luthala, Chequamegon Boys Basketball (nominated online)– Luthala came up big for Chequamegon in in the second half, in the Screaming Eagles’ 52-47 win over Abbotsford. The senior guard drained a trio of three-pointers to push the visitors back into the lead, and Chequamegon hung for the win in the waning minutes.
- Carson Gunderson, Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln Boys Hockey – Gunderson’s second period goal gave Rapids an early lead, but it was his goal in overtime that gave Rapids a 2-1 win over Marshfield.
- Amelia Trunkel, Neillsville Girls Basketball(nominated online) – Trunkel led the Warriors with 16 points in their 79-23 win over Owen-Withee.
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!