Hartford, WI (OnFocus) – Hartford High School graduate and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater’s Quinn Meinerz saw his path to the NFL begin when he was selected by the Denver Broncos in the third round of Friday’s 2021 NFL Draft.
Meinerz, a 6’3 and 320 pound redshirt junior, was expected to be drafted in the first few rounds of the draft, according to nfl.com.
Read about Meinerz from NFL.com HERE
Meinerz vaulted to the top as one of this year’s top prospects despite not playing this season, as UW-Whitewater did not play this fall due to COVID-19. He was a top performer at the Senior Bowl, catching the attention of scouts.
- Above-average length and hand size as a center.
- Strong week of Senior Bowl practices.
- Former wrestler with premium core strength.
- Operates with good knee bend and wide, sturdy base.
- Leverage and leg drive to push flesh around.
- Outstanding improvement as block finisher from 2019 tape.
- Effective hand flashes to keep rushers guessing.
- Able to throw punches in flurries.
- Athleticism to work down the field in the screen game.
- Strong hands to latch in and cinch up the block.
- Adequate lateral movement to mirror the rush.
- Needs to improve footwork into block fits.
- A little too much forward lean off the snap and into first contact.
- Can improve bringing feet with him in settle steps.
- Level of speed and competition could create adjustment period.
- Average getting to proper landmarks on the second level.
- Plays power game but will need to add a level of finesse and patience.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!