MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today announced the State of Wisconsin Building Commission approved a total of approximately $73 million in key projects across the state.
Highlights of the approvals include:
- Construction of a code compliance and renovation project in Building 1 at Central Wisconsin Center;
- Construction of an addition and renovation project at the Appleton Readiness Center;
- Release of Building Trust Funds-Planning for preliminary design of the Units 9 and 10 wet cell remodeling project at Wisconsin Resource Center, and preliminary design of the Madison Armed Forces Reserve Center Motor Vehicle Storage Building;
- Construction of lab renovation projects for UW-Stout and UW-Green Bay for the Classroom Renovations/Instructional Technology Improvement program;
- Construction of repair and renovation projects for UW-Milwaukee and UW-Platteville for the Minor Facilities Renewal program; and
- Construction of 20 maintenance and repair projects located at various locations in 13 counties across the state for the Departments of Administration, Corrections, Health Services, Natural Resources, Transportation, Veterans Affairs, Public Instruction, and the UW-System.
The Building Commission is chaired by Gov. Evers and includes following members:
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Patrick Testin;
- State Representative Jill Billings;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Mark Born; and
- Citizen member Summer Strand.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!