In October 2019, OnFocus staff spotted the Google Street Car traveling the streets of Marshfield for the latest update to the Google Street View technology. Branden Bodendorfer sprinted outside to capture a photo of the car, and in turn was spotted himself.
Featured in Google Maps and Google Earth, Google Street View provides interactive panoramas from positions along many streets in the world. Launched in 2007 in several cities in the United States, it has since expanded to include cities and rural areas worldwide.
Did you make the latest Google Street View update? Find out, and share with us:
Here’s how you can see Street View photos:
- Search for a place or address in Google Maps.
- Drag Pegman to a place on the map.
- Search for a place or address in Google search.
To access Street View in Google Maps:
- Open the Google Maps app .
- Search for a place or drop a pin on the map. …
- At the bottom, tap the place name or address.
- Scroll down and select the photo labeled “Street View” or select the thumbnail with a Street View icon.
- When you’re done, go to the top left and tap Back.