Area sports fans turned out to vote for the area’s top performers for October 3 – October 9. Taking the top spot was the duo of Trevor Garski / Keagan Jirschele of Mosinee Football, which picked up 475 votes.
Coming in at second place was Abby Ongna and Reinya Balderson of Marshfield Volleyball, which earned 335 votes.
Andrew Van Order of Pacelli Football took third, picking up 210 votes.
Cooper Diedrich of Athens Football was fourth(154 votes) and Riley Pechinski of SPASH Girls Golf took 5th with 102 votes.
OnFocus Athlete of the Week, October 3 – October 9
- Trevor Garski / Keagan Jirschele, Mosinee Football – The duo came up big in Mosinee’s 41-14 win over Medford. Garski was 27 of 35 for 327 yards and 6 touchdown passes. Jirschele played catch with Garkski, catching 11 passes for 118 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
- Riley Pechinski, SPASH Girls Golf – Pechinski took first at the Rice Lake Girls Golf Sectionals, carding a 72 for a two stroke win. Pechinski advances to the state tournament where she is primed to contend for medalist honors.
- Andrew Van Order, Pacelli Football – The Pacelli offense has been steamrolling opponents this season, keeping the Cardinals’ kicker,Van Order, quite busy. Van Order converted all six of his extra opportunities in Pacelli’s 51-0 pasting of Loyal, and added a 37 yard field goal.
- Cooper Diedrich, Athens Football – Diedrich ran for a pair of touchdowns, threw for another, and took a punt return and kickoff returns for touchdowns as Athens destroyed Gillett, 60-14. Diedrich picked up 284 yards of total offense, and added an intereception in the win.
- Abby Ongna / Reinya Balderson, Marshfield Volleyball – Marshfield picked up a pair of wins Saturday at the WVC Meet. Ongna has 32 kills and Balderson 78 assists to pace the Tigers. By defeating Rapids 3-0 and D.C. Everest 3-0, the Tigers moved into a tie for 1st place with DCE atop the WVC Standings.
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!