Wausau, WI – Marathon County Health Department and Lincoln County Health Department are coordinating with the Wisconsin National Guard to provide free COVID-19 testing in Central Wisconsin on May 19.
Details of the event include:
- Drive through style testing will be available in Parking Lot E, of the North Central Technical College at 1000 W. Campus Dr., Wausau, WI 54401.
- Testing will be available from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. No appointments are necessary.
- Anyone 5 years and older with any current symptom are eligible for testing. Symptoms include fever, cough, loss of taste/smell, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, body aches, diarrhea, vomiting or nausea, chills, and/or muscle aches.
- First responders, corrections officers, and other law enforcement are also welcome to be tested.
- Testing will be provided first come, first serve and that attendees may have to wait to be tested. All attendees will need to stay in or on their vehicle at all times.
Following testing, people should return straight home and follow the instructions given at the testing site, which include self-quarantine until the test results are returned. Test results will be provided via phone by the National Guard or your local health department in a timely manner.
If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, call 2-1-1 or text COVID-19 to 211211. For up-to-date information, please visit the Lincoln County Health Department or Marathon County Health Department webpage or follow us on Facebook.