OnFocus – Two structure fires in Port Edwards over the weekend have resulted in the first two red bulbs on the “Keep The Wreath Green” campaign wreath for 2020.
The first fire was at 121 Adams Ave, the result of a grease fire in the kitchen. All occupants made it out safe. The mother received burns and is still in Madison for at least two weeks. No insurance on the home and the family is being taken care of by the grandmother.
The second fire is at 1051 Port Road, with report of a fully-involved garage fire attached to the house. The cause is most likely a wood burner in the garage left unattended. Family is all ok. Loss of the home and 4 dogs.
These are the 1st and 2nd red bulbs on the wreath this season. To help these families, please visit the Port Edwards Fire Department Facebook page for information.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!