MARSHFIELD, WI (OnFocus) – Potatoes, bacon and cheese make this simple, grilled side dish a must-have for your upcoming backyard barbecues and camping trips. Customize these Cheesy Grilled Potatoes with Bacon by serving with a side of ranch, ketchup, hot sauce or plain Greek yogurt.
4 slices Festival Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes on a large microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 3-4 minutes until somewhat tender. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Lay two large sheets of aluminum foil together and spray with cooking spray. Use a grill pan or cast iron skillet if you prefer.
- Place one single layer of potatoes on top. Season with salt and pepper. Top with ⅓ cheese and ⅓ bacon.
- Repeat layers two more times until all potatoes, cheese and bacon are used. Fold up the sides of the foil and pinch the top closed. If using a grill pan or cast iron skillet, cover with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Place directly on heat, cover grill and cook for 10-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Open foil and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 10g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 11g, Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!