MARSHFIELD, WI (OnFocus) – This colorful, kid-friendly dish uses one of our favorite kitchen gadgets, the slow cooker. Add minimally-prepped ingredients to your slow cooker before heading to work and have a delicious meal ready and waiting for supper. Who doesn’t love that?
- 1 onion, chopped White Onions
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch, dissolved in 3 Tbsp. cold water
- 3 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
Dads Chicken Breast Unseasoned
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
2 bell peppers, cut into ¾-inch pieces
2 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine ingredients through bell peppers in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high on 4 hours.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
For gluten free: Use tamari in place of soy sauce.
Calories 350, Total Fat 4g (Saturated 1g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 28g), Protein 19g, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 80%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!