Festival Foods is sharing seasonal recipes with OnFocus. This decadent Bourbon Cinnamon French Toast is the perfect way to start your morning!
4 large eggs
1 cup low-fat milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. bourbon, optional
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 loaf Chunky Cinnamon Bread, sliced into 1-inch slices
Nonstick cooking spray
Toppings: see Chef’s tips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a shallow plate or container, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, optional bourbon, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Soak a couple slices of the Chunky Cinnamon Bread in the egg mixture; let sit for about 15 seconds per side. Allow excess to drip off.
- Cook French toast in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining bread slices. Bake browned French toast in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the custard at the center is fully cooked.
- Serve warm with desired toppings.
Serve with cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream or fresh berries.
Keep French toast warm in an oven heated to 200°F.
Per Serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 8g (Saturated 2.5g, Trans 1g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Total Sugars 12g, Includes 8g Added Sugars), Protein 8g, Vitamin D 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%, Potassium 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!