MARSHFIELD, WI (OnFocus) – Perfect to pack into lunch boxes or serve on a holiday or game day appetizer spread, these Mac n’ Cheese Cups are portable and fun to eat!
2 cups elbow pasta, cooked according to package directions
2 Tbsp. Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ tsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup low fat milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 large egg, beaten
Kosher salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat with nonstick spray, set aside.
- To make the topping, combine Panko, Parmesan and olive oil, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in egg and pasta, and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Scoop the pasta mixture evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Place into oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired.
Try mixing in extra ingredients, like bacon, jalapenos, broccoli or lobster (if you’re feeling extra fancy).
Per Serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10g (Saturated 5g, Trans 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 2g, Includes 0g Added Sugars), Protein 9g, Vitamin D 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%, Potassium 2%
*Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!