At the Everett Roehl Marshfield Public Library, we are still here for you. In addition to our virtual library and many electronic resources, we are now offering during this pandemic a curbside pickup at our “Holds Pickup Window.”
We are committed to providing access for patrons to library materials and resources in a safe and socially responsible way. This service will be available, once again, beginning Friday, April 24, 2020. The times and process may be changed to improve your experience and safety.
Hours for Holds Pickup Window:
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday – 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
To support continued social distancing efforts and the Safer at Home Order, the library will be offering a “Holds Pickup Window” service at this time with a very limited number of staff members.
The library building itself still remains closed during this latest order by Gov. Evers. Staff will fill your “holds” placed online or by phone as quickly as possible; however, wait times may be longer than usual. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
It’s not possible to request items at the window. Only items that have been placed on hold can be processed.
Follow three easy steps to pick up materials at the Holds Pickup Window.
Step one: Place Your Items on Hold.
- (If you already have an item on hold and have been notified that it’s ready, skip to step two.)
- Use our website at www.marshfieldlibrary.org to search for items and place a hold on the items that you would like. Go to Requests under the My Account tab to place a hold. You may also call the Information Desk, at 715-387-8494 option 2, for assistance with placing a hold on materials or email the library at [email protected] .
- You will be notified via email or phone when your hold is ready. Staff will fill your holds as quickly as possible; however, wait times may be longer than usual.
Step two: Call the library and tell us you’re ready to pick up.
- After you receive notification that your holds are ready, please call us, at 715-387-8494 option 1, when you are ready to pick up your holds.
- Be sure to have your library card barcode number available.
- Staff will schedule a Holds Pickup Window appointment that is convenient for you to pick up your materials. Scheduling an appointment will help to minimize your wait time when picking up your holds.
Step three: Pick up your items.
- Please be aware of your surroundings and drive carefully when using the Holds Pickup Window. The parking lot is being reconfigured into a One-Way Traffic flow. Please take a left turn as you enter the parking lot. We expect traffic to be busy at times.
- Please arrive at the library within your scheduled appointment time.
- The Holds Pickup Window is found in our back parking lot with access from Cedar Avenue. The window has a blue awning with the word “Pickup” on it.
- For your safety, we are minimizing person-to-person contact. To help us with this, please write your name on a piece of paper large enough for us to see it from the Holds Pickup Window. We will then be able to get your materials to you as quickly and safely as possible.
- Please have your Library Card available in case we might need it (and maybe a little extra patience).
- We will be happy to check your holds out to you as quickly and safely as possible.
Remember, the library buildings remain closed to the public at this time. The Atrium, restrooms, computers, and other spaces will not be accessible. Library materials may be returned in the outside book drop located by the Holds Pickup Window, but do not need to be. Due dates are being extended until July 1st(and will be extended longer if necessary.)
Browse the FAQ below for more detailed information.
If you need further assistance, library staff members are here to help. Please call us at 715-387-8494.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are library materials safe to check out?
We are following guidelines developed by WI DPI’s Division for Libraries and Technology to ensure that library materials are safe to checkout and use in your home. The Holds Pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff.
Staff will use gloves and cloth face coverings when handling your materials and when we are interacting with you, in accordance with workplace safety policy and CDC guidelines. Most of the materials you will be checking out have now essentially been quarantined.
For your protection, we will not let holds be checked out until they have been quarantined for a minimum of four days. (This time period is beyond the length specified by epidemiologist, Dr. David Berendes with the Waterborne Disease Prevention Branch at the Center for Disease Control, focusing on global sanitation and hygiene issues during a webinar for the Institute for Museums and Library Services.) Additionally, we will be cleaning and disinfecting the covers of each held item before we check them out to you.
How will I know my hold items are ready for pickup?
You will receive an email or phone notification when your items are ready to be picked up. Please call us at 715-387-8494 option 1, to schedule an appointment time to pick up your holds. To support social distancing efforts, we are operating with a very limited number of staff members. Staff will fill your holds placed online as quickly as possible; however, wait times may be longer than usual. Thanks for your patience.
Where is the Holds Pickup Window?
The Holds Pickup Window is found in our back parking lot with access from Cedar Avenue. Please be aware of your surroundings and drive carefully when using the Holds Pickup Window. The parking lot is being reconfigured into a One-Way Traffic flow. Please take a left turn as you enter the parking lot. We expect traffic to be very busy at times. The window has a blue awning with the words Pick Up on it.
Do I need a library card?
For your safety, we are minimizing person-to-person contact and will only ask for a library card when it’s necessary. Please write your name on a piece of paper large enough for us to see it from the Holds Pickup Window. We will then get your materials to you as quickly and safely as possible. In some instances, we still need your library card. Please be sure to have it available if asked.
Patrons must be registered with the Everett Roehl Marshfield Public Library to checkout holds at our pickup window. If you, are not registered with us, and do not have a library card, we can issue a Temporary Library Card, which will allow you to have as many as three items checked out to you at any given time. Call the library, at 715-387-8494 option 1, to register for a Temporary Library Card.
What if I have fines or unpaid fees? What if I’m over the checkout limit?
Library staff members can override fine restrictions in most situations. If you have questions please call us at 715-387-8494 option 1.
What materials are available for pick up?
All items currently on the shelf are available to be placed on hold (with the exception of some equipment) and then picked up after you have been notified and a Holds Pickup Appointment has been scheduled. It may not be possible to place or receive Interlibrary Loan items for some time.
What is a Holds Pickup Appointment?
After you have placed an item on hold and been notified by email or phone that it is ready to be picked up, please call us, at 715-387-8494 option 1, to schedule a convenient appointment time to pick up your hold. Scheduling an appointment will reduce the wait time to pick up your holds. We are operating with a very limited number of staff members and your patience is appreciated.
Can you look for specific items or provide reading suggestions?
Yes! Please contact our Information desk at [email protected] or 715-387-8494 option 2.
Can I place a hold via telephone?
Yes, of course! Please call our Information desk 715-387-8494 option 2.
Can I email a request to have an item placed on hold?
Are my books overdue? How do I return materials?
All due dates have been extended to July 1st, 2020. You may retain those items until then. Materials may be returned in the outside book drop located in the library’s back parking lot, which may be accessed from Cedar Avenue.