With over 1,600 votes cast, central Wisconsin sports fans came out in droves to support the area’s top athletic performances last week.
The duo of Eric Huglen and Joey Bohman of Wisconsin Rapids Boys Tennis took first place with 573 votes, earning the title of OnFocus Athlete of the Week, April 17 to April 23.
Finishing in a close second was Kale Roth of SPASH baseball with 539.
Mosinee’s Keagan Jirschele took third place with 257 votes, and in fourth place was Braeden Schueller of Stratford Baseball, who picked up 169 votes.
*** Want to see a team or athlete you follow nominated? We need game results – encourage coaches to send us game reports so we can acknowledge more athletes and teams for their top performances! send to: [email protected] ***
- Brooks Kraus, Athens Baseball – The Bluejays’ senior is off to a hot start at the plate this season, collecting 9 hits in just 4 games, tied for 30th in the state.
- Braeden Schueller, Stratford Baseball – Schueller gave up one hit and struck out 8 in four innings as the Tigers handled Stanley-Boyd, 14-3 this week.
- Keagan Jirschele, Mosinee Baseball – Jirschele had a productive night for Mosinee in their doubleheader sweep of Lakeland this week, 21-1 and 10-0. The sophomore was 3X3 and scored 3 runs, collecting a pair of doubles and a triple, and scattered 3 hits while striking out 6 in 4 innings of work. Jirschele then was 2X4 with a pair of runs scored in the nightcap.
- Eric Huglen / Joey Bohman, Wisconsin Rapids Lincoln Boys Tennis – Competing at #1 doubles, the Red Raider duo went 3-0 at the La Crosse Quad this week.
- Kale Roth, SPASH Baseball – Roth was 3 for 5 with a double, Home Run and 2 RBI as the Panthers downed Medford 11-6 this week.
— Sports OnFocus (@SOnfocus) April 22, 2022
Know some top athletic performances? Seeing some great teams in action?
We can use your help, and it’s simple. Witness some great performances? Hear about top athletes and top teams in our area?
Nominate an athlete or team: HERE
Where are they Now? We feature athletes and difference makers from the past, standouts in sports who excelled over the years and have moved on. Know of a former athlete, coach or difference maker who we should feature? Know of a former standout competitor whose journey beyond central Wisconsin sports is one we should share? Send us information on athletes and difference makers of the past with our simple form HERE
Pancakes or Waffles! We feature top area athletes with our world-renowned feature. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
Baked or Fried! We also feature difference makers throughout central Wisconsin: coaches, booster club leaders, adminstration, volunteers, you name it. Send us your nominations for who you’d like us to interview HERE
College Athlete Roundup! We want to recognize student-athletes from the area who are competing at the college level. Send us information on college athletes from the area with our simple form HERE
We welcome your stories! Contact us at [email protected]!